John Bressler, son of John Bressler and Elizabeth Minnich, was born on 26 Sep 1798, Codorus Township, York County, Pennsylvania. He married Catharine Lawson, daughter of Joseph Lawson and Magdalene Baughman, on 27 Jan 1825.
John and Catharine had thirteen children:
- Mary Ann Bressler (1826- )
- Justina Bressler (1827-1916)
- Mandella Bressler (1829-1906)
- Katherine Bressler (1830-1881)
- Frank Bressler (1832-1832)
- Cornelius Victor Bressler (1834-1872)
- Sybilla Bressler (1835-1844)
- John Bressler, Jr. (1837-1847)
- Oliver L. Bressler (1838-1910)
- Miranda Bressler (1839-1844)
- Henry L. Bressler (1840- )
- Elizabeth Bressler (1844- )
- Rose Ellen Bressler (1847-1915)
A young John Bressler was mustered into the Militia on 16 Sep 1814 under Capt. John Shaffer for service in the War of 1812.
John died on 01 Sep 1881. He was buried at Bethlehem Steltz Churchyard, Codorus, York County, Pennsylvania.